Domus Dominatio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Domus Dominatio

Home away from Home.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elements- from the beginning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

Elements- from the beginning Empty
PostSubject: Elements- from the beginning   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:00 pm

It seems to have been awhile since anyone has posted. I think i'll go ahead and try to get something else started.

We all know the basics of elements, though they vary plenty by cultures. Sometimes they are earth, fire, wind and water. Sometimes wood and metal are part of the cycle. Sometimes Spirit is also added or perhaps more broken down into light and darkness. Whether or not you believe in their power or even include them into your cycle, they are all correct. Each of these things represents a force within the world, both tangible and spiritual.
We walk the earth, we use fire in our daily lives, we drink water to stay alive, we breath air, wood supports us and our spirits extend into the world and are our true selves, both the shining light and the darkness that fills every heart. We are all of these things, some more than others.

Other than just spouting philosophy, I wanted to share at least a small technique with you all, no matter your level control and knowledge, it is always a good thing to at least review the basics.

So let us start small, sitting in a quiet space. It doesn't matter if the room is dark or if you prefer music or not. All that is necessary is that you have a little time to really feel things and quiet not only your mind but that there isn't any real distractions. Leave your cellphone in another room and don't be iming someone.

Sit, make yourself comfortable,light a candle, have a bowl of water in front of you, if you have a gem of any sort, small or large ( I know some of us have crystals of varying types) have something made of wood, something entirely made out of metal (silverware will do in a pinch).

Now, one by one, take each and run your hands by them and over them, taking the time to incorporate each of them to your physical senses (well don't taste it...) and then trying to feel their individual elements. Each will be different, as you touch them and feel them and their energy. Obviously don't touch the candle, but you can feel the heat of it. Touch the water and how it gives, feel the texture and roughness of the wood and see how hard and unyielding the stones are and feel the air as it goes by you. If you have a fan or incense, it may help.

After each of these, close your eyes and feel the world around you without it's distractions. Feel the energy around your self and within, whatever emotions come to you or have been in you recently. It is always healthy to acknowledge your emotions, to gain understanding of yourself, you have to embrace them and all parts of your soul. these things are never easy and I myself have worked all my years at it, but it is possible to make progress towards it.

Even if you only spent 5 minutes doing all of it, perhaps it will brighten your day to have spent a few minutes focusing on untroubling matters and away from distractions. For me, I like to spend perhaps 15 to 20 minutes, whenever possible, sometimes longer. I am certain the world will live without your presence for at least that long. I hope that it helps someone and besides, we're accumulating all our knowledge from the basics on up. Enjoy and feel free to comment or add.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Elements- from the beginning   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Thank you. Great post. I will definitely be trying it out.I get so busy sometimes I forget to even center or ground myself. That's sounds like a great way to rocconnect with everything around you.
Back to top Go down
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

PostSubject: Re: Elements- from the beginning   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:56 am

If it can be put to good use, i'm glad.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Earth   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Earth signs are Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn.
Earth represents practicality, stability, materialism, realism.
Practical and dependable, earth signs provide the resources necessary for the functions of life. There is usually a deep affinity with nature. Earth signs are the builders of long-lasting structures.

Earth represents essentially inert matter ; it is primarily fixed, whereas all the other Elements have some mobility. Thus Earth corresponds to the material body of living things, which must be animated by the other Elements in order to be alive. Also, elemental Earth is associated with the time from the Autumn Equinox (peak of Dryness) to the Winter Solstice (peak of Coolness), i.e., our Autumn, which is primarily Dry (the dominant quality of Earth). The foregoing analysis shows that Earth is better pictured as cold, dry ash or as hard crystal than as moist, warm loam. (The latter image is more suited to the mixture of Water and Earth, as will be explained when we come to Water.)

P.S. Will be updated over time.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Fire   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 pm

The fire signs are Aries , Leo , Sagittarius
Fire symbolizes passion, energy, impulse, enthusiasm, inspiration, idealism, faith. Fire signs are the leaders and the cheerleaders of the zodiac. They provide us with much needed inspiration, motivation and creative energy.

Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Air   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 pm

The air signs are Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Air symbolizes mental processes, language, intellect, reason, human communication and social relationships. Air signs provide the ideas that make things happen.

Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Water   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Water signs are Cancer, Scorpio , Pisces
Emotion, psychism, mysticism, intuition.
Water signs are the “feelers,” the nurturers, the caretakers.

The essence of Water is to mix and cling together while being changeable in shape; it is characterized by passive change of form (transformation). Therefore Water permits the growth and development of form.

In psychological terms, Water is associated with nimble relating, emotion, feeling, inner flow, the subconscious, relationships and the social dimension. It is associated with emotional relationships, since it is Cool (connecting, relating) and Moist (conforming, empathetic); therefore the tarot suite of Cups corresponds to Water. Furthermore, Water corresponds to the Queens among the court cards, for they represent the nurturing matrix, the Object of the creative Impulse; the two Unite to engender the Effect. This process of emanation is summarized in IOUE, the four-letter name of Jove: Impulse (Fire), Object (Water), Union (Air), Effect (Earth), which correspond to the court cards.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Elements- from the beginning   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 pm

A small side note. I find the elements absolutely fascinating. The ways they interact with one another. They can hinder or control each other. They can enhance or even change each other.

WATER controls FIRE.
EARTH controls WIND.
WIND controls WATER.
FIRE controls EARTH.

This of course is a generalization. Depending on the amounts of each this can change and in fact become the complete opposite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elements- from the beginning   Elements- from the beginning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elements- from the beginning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Domus Dominatio :: Knowledge-
Jump to: