Domus Dominatio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Domus Dominatio

Home away from Home.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal

Eternal

Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms? Empty
PostSubject: Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms?   Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:26 pm

So tHis is a thought that has plagued humankind ever since humans have become self aware. "Do we give in to animalistic instincts, or do we hold to higher thoughtforms?" Basically do we do whatever we feel like whenever we feel like it? Or should we hold to certain standards? Is there a reason for morals? Other than "for the betterment of life for all" is there any true reason to "do the right thing?" Is there some higher reward, even just one of conscience evolution. Or she we just play king of the hill all our lives and may the strongest win?

Obviously there probably will not be any kind of monitary gain for you soul that will be granted for becoming more. Though since monetary wealth is not something I'm interested in, that's ok. I don't think that there will be some grandfather looking man that will give you power or some ultimate truth when you leave this life for trying to become more than a greedy animal. Isuppose the act of becoming something more is itself the reward to me. For me that is enough to try. I guess the bigger question might be, "How does one get the rest to be satisfied with a reward like that?".
Back to top Go down
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

PostSubject: Harmony and balance   Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:09 pm

I think perhaps there should be a balance between these animalistic instincts and higher thought. We are the only creatures that can be truly reasoned with, unless you speak animal. Granted, some of us can empathize with animals to get them to behave better but I doubt you wish to try such things with a wild tiger or an elephant or something.

As for within ourselves, these basic instincts which we hold, if we can utilize them, take hold of them and yet still maintain our sense of self and reason, we can accomplish great things. Morality is a standard of society which changes constantly. We must look inwardly to find what is truly right. Do our actions serve a purpose? Would you steal food for fun or would you steal it to feed your starving family? Would you hurt someone because they made you mad or defend yourself against someone trying to kill you. Circumstances change everything. I am not saying disregard society and it's laws, but your heart knows what is right and wrong. Some do not have the ability to discern right from wrong and some simply do not care or even revel in it. Everyone has potential for doing good things and everyone has potential for bad things. Animals kill for food, why do you do the things you do?
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms?   Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 pm

I agree 100%. I wonder if mankind will ever completely agree to undertake the imense job of learning to control themselves and their action. To become that which they have so much potential to be. I and keepong hope but things look worse every day in most aspects.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms?   Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 am

Almost a year later. I think that if for no other reason this place is truely amazing in the aspect of being able to look back on the way you used to think about something. We are constantly changing. Or atleast we should be. Everything changes in our world, without exception. The only difference is the rate at which it changes.

I have changed a lot. My outlook has become much brighter on thing. Does this mean I feel the world is become a better place? No. Unfortunately there are so many people making the wrong choices. Of course there are a lot people making good choiced to, but our world seems to be heading towards a boiling point. Just as in a sauce pan when you are trying to boil water. There first forms all this little bubbles and then slowly it starts to boil. We are right there. The calm before the storm. I mean this not only as a society but personaly. The things happening in our world are leading us to a place where we will be forced to make a decision. I believe we will be forced to realize that within us there is the potential of power great enough to change everything wrong with our world. I think people feel that we are nothing but pawns being pushed through life. That we have no choice but to be herded like cattle. We look skyward and cry out for some greater power to recue us. Rescue us from what? . . . Ourselves? Society was made by people, we have done everything leading up to this moment. We have built our own cages. Believe it or not we truely have everything we need within us to break free.

Look around at the buildins, the art, the techenology, the music, religion, government... We have made such progress in so many areas. The problem is unification. I don't mean we all need to be the same or to have the same government or worship the same god. That in fact is generally the root of most of our problems. We simply need to understand that we are all different and yet in our differences we work towards the same general goals. A better life, a better place to live. If we can come to understand that these things are possible without taking them from someone else we could accomplish things far beyond our dreams. This is the potential I see in people. I have a lot more hope now. Even if this doesn't happen in my lifetime I feel that at some point we will reach this place.

The problem is also that people will need help and guidance. It falls on the shoulders of those with understanding to help those who may be lost. This can not be accomplished by force however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms?   Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animalistic instincts or Higher thoughtforms?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Domus Dominatio :: General Discussion-
Jump to: