Domus Dominatio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Domus Dominatio

Home away from Home.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

sigils and hypersigils

Go down 
+2
Chaosvariable
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

sigils and hypersigils Empty
PostSubject: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:05 am

I've been looking into sigils a lot lately. I've done some limited work with them in the past, though I'm getting a much better understand of their uses and abilities. Runes and sigils are definitely two different things however a sigil can be more powerful if its made out of runes, obviously.
Another interesting this is the hypersigil, which is basically a group of sigils placed together for a much more powerful result. I'll add more soon and try to get some pictures up.

True Author- TheFace

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 14, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://domusd.forumotion.com
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

PostSubject: Shadow   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm

I remember the good times me and Joe had when we first came across, I think it was shadow magic or something like that. It had to do with these strange sigils that when combined, did some rather interesting things. We spent hours in our study hall working on them and I was certain other people were looking at us like we were crazy. Of course that was half the fun. I'v since lost any writings down I had of it. Anyone remember it?
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:41 pm

I do somewhat remember that, though I don't remember any specifics. I remember you two running around causing havoc.
Back to top Go down
AriannaFirestar

AriannaFirestar

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Aw man just one more thing that I missed. Sad Why couldn't I have met every one earlier... I missed all the crazy fun stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Indeed, much havoc to be had. It's a pity I don't have any record of it any more. Maybe now we can bring back some of it and the other interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
greymatterexodus

greymatterexodus

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:35 am

I still have the book in which most of those were written down. Hopefully it didn't get lost in the move. I don't remember if they were shadow or night magic runes.
Back to top Go down
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:18 am

Oh, now that you mention Night, I believe that is what it was, not shadow. I knew it was something like that. Yeah, Night magic. And I looked it up to boot, seems I found it as an e-book. http://www.scribd.com/doc/10477995/Williams-Night-Magick

The sigils start on page 189 and go pretty much the rest of the book. Those were the runes, right?
Back to top Go down
greymatterexodus

greymatterexodus

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:42 am

Yep! That's them all right.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:17 pm

They actually look like a lot of fun and I might have to play around with them a bit lol.
Back to top Go down
Silversoul

Silversoul

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:01 pm

I often write/draw down 'sigils' on the spot as I am creating special strong attacks or 'spells' or working various magicks. I always wondered though if these were actually sigils or just something similar. I have also created a few by accident that when overlapped, overlap perfectly (created at different times and not near the other 'drawing' ) fit over each other perfectly. I was just wondering to anyone who has seen of these that I've worked with or drawn... if you would indeed call these sigils or something else. I do not believe they would be concidered Runes, but again not positive.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

PostSubject: Sigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:08 am

I would say that those that you created were more sigils than runes. Since you created them with the intent of what you were working and they aren't a specific structured group like runes are. Don't get me wrong though they can be whatever you make them. The combing of them however is basically a spell you are creating. By piecing together the intent of each sigil you create an entire working spell. That would be called a hypersigil. They don't always have to be connected in a hypersigil just drawn in a combination of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Silversoul

Silversoul

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

hmmm... Makes sense ...

And yes, I figured they were sigils as well and is what I've always called them. Good to have the basis behind what they are and for what reason though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sigils and hypersigils   sigils and hypersigils I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sigils and hypersigils
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Domus Dominatio :: Knowledge-
Jump to: