Domus Dominatio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Domus Dominatio

Home away from Home.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meditation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal

Eternal

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:32 am

I would like to hear about your ideas on Meditation. How you go about it. If you go about it lol. I have tried a couple things but I've never really given a lot of energy to the practice.
Back to top Go down
greymatterexodus

greymatterexodus

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Same. I need a completely controlled setting to even try meditation so it doesn't happen often.
Back to top Go down
Aether

Aether

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm

I tend to feel that visualization-much like everything else- is the key. if you think of the distractions in the world around as a visual aspect, it becomes easier to expel them. And from there you take it in layers.
Back to top Go down
Eternal

Eternal

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:18 pm

That is very helpful. I will definitely be giving that a try. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Galrael

Galrael

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

I remember trying to help Joe and Monica with this in the past. I personally Meditate all the time, however I think that people tend to place a stigma on meditation. The Dhali Llama (spelling?) says the meditation is the channeling of energy into any one task exclusively. So many different things can be meditation: Drawing/Painting or other types of art, reading, running/exercise, even playing video games can be forms of meditation. The key is to dedicate and discipline the mind to block out distraction and focus your energy and thoughts.
This can be difficult, but practice makes perfect. You can help transition yourself into purer forms of meditation by using other media to enter the meditative state, don't forget music or certain sounds can help. But remember baby steps, five minutes of meditation is still meditation, and sometimes thats all you can get, just make sure you reach that pure state of being. I have a lot of experience and knowledge on different types of meditation so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Back to top Go down
greymatterexodus

greymatterexodus

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:44 am

Great advice so far.
(P.S. Dalai Lama)
Back to top Go down
Chaosvariable

Chaosvariable

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:58 pm

I felt this belonged here as well as another post I made.

An easy meditation technique, close your eyes and picture only a candle flame, concentrate on nothing but that. If you still have problems or that just isn't how you work, try using a real candle in front of you and concentrate on the flames. make sure you have plenty of time so as not to be interrupted. Eventually, a person can meditate even with lots of distractions.

I agree with already said advice. These are really only the ways that I found worked for me. They may not work for you, everyone is different. Often when working out at the gym, 45 minutes on an arc trainer is rough and boring- I close my eyes and block everything out, just feeling my muscles move and concentrating on pushing myself. This can be considered a form of meditation though certainly not the easiest sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meditation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation   Meditation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meditation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Domus Dominatio :: Knowledge-
Jump to: